Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pillow Recover

This is just a little project to recover a couple of pillows.  The two pillows are being recovered using fabric the client had left over from breakfast room valences I made last fall (see earlier post).

There was nothing very unusual about this pillow recover.  The pillows were to be made with an envelope closure - where the cover could be removed, washed, and put back on.


When I removed the existing cover, by cutting off one side, I noticed the stuffing was well-formed, but loose.  I could see it wouldn't keep its shape if it were removed from an envelope enclosure and put back in.





So I took some lining fabric and made cases for the two pillow stuffings.








After preparing the pillow forms, I cut fabric for the two pillows, serged edges, made cording and attached it to the front, prepared the envelope closure for the back, and attached the two.  Since this fabric unravels very easily, after trimming the corners I treated them with a solution to keep the cut edges from fraying.

This picture shows the front of the two pillows, with the main design centered.








This picture shows the back, with the envelope closure.  Even though this side will not normally be seen, I tried to use pieces that would fit together close to the appearance of the main design.

I just love this fabric!




No comments:

Post a Comment