Saturday, November 22, 2014

Various recent crochet projects

This is a gallery of some of the crochet work I have done recently.  I teach crochet as well as knitting, including how to read patterns, how to choose yarn and needle sizes, and how to block.

This triangular scarf took several evenings while watching TV, and wasn't hard.  I got this pattern, "Festival Shawl" designed by Lyn Robinson, found on Ravelry.com.  It is crocheted using Lion Brand's "Vanna's Glamour", color Topaz.  It is a beige with a gold metallic running through it.  Very pretty in person.  I crocheted in small beads around the two 'v' edges.










This native girl is made with a gourd and various crocheted motifs hot-glued on.  One of my favorite features in this one is the crystal belly button!   I had split the gourd in half so that I could hang it on the wall.  The other half is still in my sewing room waiting for inspiration!




While I was decorating the master bath, I made this for my husband's area.  Slightly naughty, but appropriate for its location!








I must have needed something to do when I made this --- it became one of a set of picture frames, and went in the same room as the gourd girl, using the same yarns.








We go camping a lot, and I always have something with me to do while traveling or relaxing.   To the left is a cozy to go around the french press coffee maker we keep in our camper, to keep the coffee warm.  I found the "buttons" (off of elastic hair ties) at a Dollar Store while we were in Munising, MI.








Below are various beanies (but not all) that I made on a recent trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment