Thursday, July 17, 2014

Favorite Shrek pictures featuring Lord Farquaad costumes

Now that I have received the picture disc from the Shrek performance in April, I want to share some of my favorite pictures of Lord Farquaad.  This adult role was filled by a local teenager, whose portrayal of Farquaad was spot on.  He was very much in-character and funny, stealing the show whenever he was on stage!   I would not trade anything for the experience I had working with the actor, cast, and crew!

These pictures were taken at dress rehearsals.  They feature him in his Ruling and Wedding costumes, which I designed and made, as described in earlier blog posts.   As you can see when you look closely, throughout the performance the actor is on his knees, with his lower legs and feet camouflaged by Farquaad's cape  In the last picture, the cast are taking their bows, and the actor at last can stand up!.








2 comments:

  1. My 13 year old son is playing Lord Farquaad in the middle school drama play and I am looking to buy a costume. Do you know where I could buy one just like this one????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be able to rent this one. Please contact the person responsible for costumes, Carol Puckett. carolcpuckett@gmail.com.

      Delete